Friday 11 July 2008

Workshops - What do you think?


I am looking into the possibility of setting up some workshops in the New Year, with the focus on surface printing, in other words making patterns on fabric or paper.

I thought this would be a good way to give people the opportunity to explore the design process, and see how surface printing is done, regardless of experience of knowledge. It would be an introduction to simple printmaking techniques.

For me, this would be a bit of a return to where I started out, which was my degree in Fine Art printmaking, and creating my own prints on fabric. The idea is to have fun with print whilst creating something fabulous !!!

There might also be the opportunity to work with some of the other artists/designers here at Islington Mill.

So, let me know if this is something which you might be interested in. Drop me an email, or post a commment...

No comments: